Not everyone can apply for the Nigeria custom service recruitment 2021/2022, honestly there are some requirements each applicant must have if not their application will be rejected or it won’t pass the screening stage.
About Nigerian Custom Service
At its coming into establishment in 1891, Nigeria Customs Service was saddled with the responsibilities of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities.
Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by the government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
The Nigerian Customs Service has a very significant role that is embedded in its Nigerian customs mandate.
- Npower programme scheme will not be disband rather…
- This is Why You Should Quit Gambling
- Breaking News: NECO Releases 2020 External Results, See how to Check
- House of Reps seeks postponement of 2021 census
- Open Heaven 6th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Contact With The Miraculous.)
Requirement for Nigeria Custom Service
Physical qualifications :
- The Nigeria custom demands that you must be a Nigerian citizen.
- The Nigeria custom is designed to only accept applications from those who are between 18 to 25 years of age for inspector and custom assistant Cadre.
- If you want to apply for Superintendent Cadre you should not be more than 30.
- Male applicant should be at least 1.7 meters and female 1.6 meters in height
- You should have a valid means of identification.
- Having a good behavior is a must.
- Free from debt.
- Computer literate is necessary
- You must be certified by a Government health professional to be all round fit both mentally and physically for any appointed into the Nigerian custom service.
- The least educational qualification an applicant must possess is an O level results which are : WEAC, NECO, GCE or any of it equivalent.
- There are certain positions that demand higher qualifications than what we just mention above and requires degree certification like : BSc, HND, OND, NCE and it equivalent and must be obtained from a reputation institution.
Customs Service Ongoing Application Process
This job recruitment is open to over 3200 new officers that will be recruited into three major Cadre positions namely:
- Superintendent Cadre
- Inspectorate Cadre
- Assistant Cadre
There are many things you need to understand about the Nigerian customs service before you apply online.
In case you’ve not known, let’s walk you through the simple step-by-step guide on how to fill Nigerian customs application registration form 2021.
But before that, are you eligible? Here is the general eligibility requirement.
Custom Service Available Job Positions
- Graduate Assistant Superintendent of Customs (ASC II)
- Assistant Inspector (Support Staff)
- Assistant Inspector (General Duty) Cadre: Inspectorate
- Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 04 Cadre: Assistant
- Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 04 Cadre: Assistant
- Customs Assistant (General Duty) – CONSOL 03 Cadre: Assistant
- Customs Assistant (Support Staff) – CONSOL 03 Cadre: Assistant
Functions of the Nigeria Custom Service
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following:
- Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilization etc.;
- Engaging in Research, Planning, and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government;
- Security functions;
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Manifest processing;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks;
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents.