N-Power is a scheme set up by the President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari since 8 June 2016, to address the issues of youth unemployment and help increase social development.
The Npower programme scheme will not be disband rather, President Muhammadu Buhari in his 2021 Workers’ Day celebration message, says the federal government will increase the number of NPower beneficiaries from 500,000 to one million (1,000,000) participants.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 2021 Workers’ Day theme is ”COVID-19, Social and Economic Crises: Challenges for Decent Work, Social Protection and Peoples Welfare”.
- This is Why You Should Quit Gambling
- Breaking News: NECO Releases 2020 External Results, See how to Check
- House of Reps seeks postponement of 2021 census
- Open Heaven 6th May RCCG Daily Devotional (Contact With The Miraculous.)
- Nigeria Government Relations and Security Coordinator at One Acre Fund – Apply Now
Mr Buhari said that the expansion of the NPower programme would ensure job creation and poverty alleviation through programmes such as Safety Net Programmes to cushion the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
President Muhammadu Buhari Further Explain”We also have put in place some socio-economic policies, which also include Conditional Cash Transfer for the vulnerable poor from 2.6 million households (13 million persons) to 7.6 million households (about 32 million persons).
COVID-19 Rapid Response Register (RRR) for urban Poor, which now has 4.8 million households (20 million persons) which also include urban poor/working class.
Also, through the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, there is the Entrepreneur Support Programme and, this even includes the vulnerable workers amongst the urban poor.
There is also Guaranteed Off-take Stimulus Scheme for Small Medium Enterprises for producers of hygienic products and packaged food to encourage entrepreneurship and industries.”
The President, in addition, said that the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) for young entrepreneurs had N75 billion for a period of 3 years, all aimed at providing support for the labour force, noting that in securing decent jobs, the government was inadvertently promoting social protection and people’s welfare.
- Kano State Polytechnic (KANOPOLY) Announces Resumption Date Following Suspension of ASUP strike
- Osun State Polytechnic (OSPOLY) Iree School Fees Payment Deadline for ND I HND 1, HND II and NCE Students
- Open Heaven 12th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Be A Good Under-Shepherd)
- Apply for Assistant Teachers at a Top School
- Apply for Intensive Care Nurse at Kaduna State Ministry of Health
Npower4 days ago
Document For Physical Verification of Pre Selected N-power Candidate.
Nigeria News5 days ago
Apply for Bank of Agriculture loan | Application Requirements and Procedure
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 6th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 1)
Npower5 days ago
Npower Batch C, Stream 1 Physical Verification/Deployment to Commence…
Scholarship5 days ago
Moroccan Scholarships 2021 for African Youth to Study at the EuroMed University of Fes
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 7th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Identify Your Enemies 11)
Religion3 days ago
Open Heaven 10th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Blessed Fruitfulness)
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 8th June 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Prayers For Elders)