Oando Foundation Portal 2020 | Grant, Eligibility, and Application
Oando Foundation Portal 2020 – Oando Foundation is an independent charity foundation, which was registered in the year 2011 in Nigeria to support the Nigerian Government to achieve its Universal Basic Education goal.
Oando Foundation addresses issues of universality, equity, quality education and also supports infrastructural development through its Adopt-A-School Initiative (AASI).
The ASSI is the signature project of the Oando Foundation. The Adopt-A-School Initiative core components focus on increasing access and also improving the overall quality of public primary schools in Nigeria, with its main focus on the girl child in northern states.
This article is all about the Oando foundation portal, its grant, eligibility, and application.
The Oando Foundation’s mission is to improve the learning environment in primary schools by holistically creating world-class basic education systems to the community.
The Oando Foundation’s vision is to create a sustainable and also a successful educational system in Nigeria that educates and empowers children.
The Oando Foundation intervenes primarily in the field of basic education, through its signature project, the Adopt-a-School-Initiative (AASI).
The foundation realizes that education as a human right has not been realized by a large number of Nigerian children and that children must not be deprived of educational opportunities due to poverty and other reasons.
The goal of the Adopt-A-School Initiative (AASI) is to significantly improve the learning outcomes of 200,000 pupils and teachers across 100 government-owned primary schools by 2020.
The Adopt-A-School Initiative is a holistic approach that comprises of Infrastructural Development, Teacher Training, ICT Education, Early Childcare Education, and Provision of scholarships, stakeholder/Community capacity building and also programs geared towards improving access to education.
1. Youth and Sports Development Grant
Oando Foundation has supported youth from a poor background with excellent sporting prowess.
Oando supported Mr. Mohammed Muazu in his youthful age, and he is now a brilliant golfer who has represented Nigeria in a lot of junior tournaments and has done remarkably well.
Mohammed started playing golf at the age of 11 at the Ikoyi Golf Club, close to his parent’s house in Dodan Barracks.
To add to that, he used to watch professionals play the game and at first, he thought that it was such a dull game that requires hitting a small round ball with a “stick”.
He found it interesting. His mother never liked the idea of him playing other popular sports like football with other children in the neighborhood when he should be helping in her business of selling drinks.
Golf became his secret alternative and also an avenue to sell soft drinks to the players at the Club. In the year 2006, he participated in the Amateur golf championship in South Africa, while in the year 2008 – 2010 he traveled to Ghana to participate in another golf tournament.
In the year 2014, Mohammed Muazu graduated with a Professional Golf Teaching Certificate from the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA), South Africa where the Oando Foundation covered his tuition and also his living fees for the period of his studies.
He is now an Assistant Golf Instructor at Lakowe Lakes Golf and Country Estate.
2. Maiyegun Scholars Grant
Since the 2013/2014 session, Oando Foundation makes an annual sponsorship donation of Five Million Naira (N5, 000,000), over six years, for Five scholars in Nobel House College formerly Maiyegun College, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Each of these grants grant covers the annual tuition fees and other extraneous costs, including uniforms, textbooks, exam fees, activities, and excursions, as well as extracurricular activities.
Read Also: 6 Easy Step To Get Scholarship Abroad 2019
The Oando Graduate Accelerated Program 2019/2020 for young Nigerians
Oando Graduate Accelerated Program is a unique opportunity to develop recent graduates who have the potential to become leaders, and in the medium to long term strengthen the local oil and gas talent pipeline.
The program is an 18-month program, wherein the end successful applicants will participate in structured experiential learning from some of the best minds the industry has to offer; to prepare them for career opportunities within the sector.
Requirements for the Program
The following documents are required for the application of the Oando Graduate Accelerated Program:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Division (2.1) in any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Geo sciences, Economics, Business Administration and other Business-related degrees
- Candidate must not be older than 26 years by January 01, 2020.
- The candidate must have completed NYSC.
Benefits of the Oando Graduate Accelerated Program
- Diverse learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the industry.
Note: You can only apply for only one position as multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
Ongoing Recruitment at Oando Foundation Plc 2019/2020
To apply for this Oando Plc Recruitment 2019, you must possess the following:
- A West African School Certificate (WASC), Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) or NECO with a credit mark in all.
- Candidate must be a Graduate.
- Candidate must graduate with the minimum Second Class Lower Division from any discipline.
- Candidate must not be more than 30 years of age.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
How to Apply for Oando Plc Latest Recruitment 2019]
- Interested applicant are click on the link below
- create an account
- Sign in with account detail
- Fill the application details
- Submit your application
- To apply for this Oando job openings:
- VISIT: www.oandoplc.com/careers
Latest posts by Jeremiah Haruna (see all)
- Rivers State University (RSU) School Fees Schedule For 2019/2020 - Wednesday, 4 December 2019, 6:23
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) 2020 News UPDATE - Friday, 29 November 2019, 7:25
- NYSC 2019 Batch ‘C’ Stream II Orientation News Update - Thursday, 28 November 2019, 5:03