BIS Grant 2021 – The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa B.I.S (Business Idea Startup) Grant awards $25,000 to Africans with innovative ideas, brilliant startups, and growing businesses.
The only official website to apply is SPBO
- Portal to Apply for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) 2021
- American Film Club – US Mission Nigeria Nomadland Film Screening Invitation 2021
- CBN COVID-19 Loan for Household/SMEs (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
- Open Heaven 9th September 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (You Need Light Of God!)
- Bayero University Kano (BUK) Postgraduate Admission List for 2020/2021 Academic Session (1st Batch)
PROGRAMME BREAKDOWN UNECA
Grant for Businesses, Ideas & Startups – Whether it’s just an idea or an established business, our programme is structured to assist you access funds.
Target Audience for the BIS Grant 2021
Citizens from 54 member countries of the African Union.
Business Idea BIS Grant Prize
5,000 participants would be selected to receive a grant of $25,000 in cash and $10,000 in training.
Eligibility for BIS Grant
Participants must be between the ages of 16 – 65 and should have a valid national means of identification.
B.I.S Grant aims to empower Africans to thrive in a daunting economy by equipping them with financing, training, and mentorship.
The process to acquire our grant is categorized into three stages.
Firstly, applicants shall apply via the online form below. Within 4-5 working days, an applicant should receive positive or negative feedback from the assessment team.
Applicants who receive positive feedbacks shall have a virtual interview with a United Nations assessment representative. Within 48-72 hours, the interview result should be disclosed.
The finalist shall go through a process of thorough verification before any disbursement can be initiated.
Selection Criteria for the Business Idea Startup Grant
What We’re Looking Out For
Criteria used in evaluating applications and awarding grants include:
Financials: How our grant funds would really contribute to the growth of your idea, startup, or business.
Integrity: Your application should be filled with accurate information as we often verify applicant claims.
Team: Explain why you or your team (if any) is best equipped to execute your idea, startup, or business.
Broader Impact: During the interview, share how our grant funds would impact your society at large.
BIS GRANT 2021 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Must-Have Requirements
- Age: Applicant must be above the age of 16 years and below 65 years.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a bona fide citizen of an African country.
- Education: Applicant must have at least completed secondary or high school education.
- Conferencing Tool: Applicant must have a close-by device to initiate a video conferencing call.
How to Apply for the Business Idea Startup Grant
Activities concerning B.I.S. should be submitted online through the application
Choose between ‘Inceptor’ and ‘Custodian’. An inceptor describes a person who has an idea, concept, or plan but is yet to execute it into business. A custodian describes a person who manages an existing startup or business.
Fill the form accurately and expect feedback within 4-5 working days.
Participants with positive feedback should make adequate preparations for an online interview.
DEADLINE: Friday, 24th September 2021.
NOTE: Disregard any person, person(s) or organization claiming to assist you to acquire the B.I.S Grant.
United Nations Africa is an intergovernmental organization aiming to maintain international peace and increase the standard of living across Africa.