The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries.
Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
It aims is to create a borderless region where the population has access to its abundant resources and is able to exploit the same through the creation of opportunities under a sustainable environment.
List of Member countries making up ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal, and Togo
Available Vacant Positions
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Office Manager (Bilingual Secretary)
Salary: UA25,527.53 – USD40,277.34 / UA30,178.98 – USD47,616.39 / UA34,933.43 – USD55,117.96
Click Here To View Details
2.) IT Program Officer
Salary: UA49,106.81 – UA56,591.37 / USD77,480.72 – USD89,289.87 annually.
3.) Auditor (Institutions Outside Abuja)
Salary: UA49,106.81; USD77,480.72 / UA56,591.37; USD89,289.87.
4.) Office Aide
Salary: UA9,535.80; USD15,045.59 / UA11,083.65; USD17,487.78 / UA17,067.59; USD26,929.25 annually.
5.) Principal Internal Auditor, Operational Compliance (Institutions)
Salary: UA66,123.98; USD104,330.42
6.) Auditor: Abuja + Agency
Salary: UA 49,106.81 – UA 56,591.37 / USD 77,480.72 – USD 89,289.87
7.) Human Resource Officer
Salary: UA49,106.81 , USD77,480.72
8.) Account Officer
Salary: UA 49,106.81; USD $77,480.72 annually.
9.) Auditor, Operational Compliance
Salary: UA49,106.81; USD77,480.72 / UA56,591.37; USD89,289.87
- International Awards At Central University in Ghana, 2022
- Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Portal 2021 www.prisons.gov.ng Latest Update
- How to Print Your NPF Recruitment CBT Exam Slip
- Apply For Federal Government Business Grants in Nigeria 2021
- CBN COVID-19 Loan for Household/SMEs (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
ECOWAS Key Competencies/Requirements
Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
Also, ability to lead a team of trainees / junior staff and instil a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
Ability to respect the chain of command in an appropriate manner;
Also, ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
Again ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
Contribute to maintaining the organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
Interpersonal skills with the ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
Also, ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgment, tact and diplomacy;
- Also, ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes, and policies;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Also, ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
- Varies per job positions
How to Apply for ECOWAS Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download the Application Form (Ms. Word)
Applicants are kindly requested to visit the ECOWAS website regularly, www.ecowas.int, where the positions will be published regularly and apply as follows:
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM) and fill it out correctly;
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter;
- Send all the above-mentioned documents to the related e-mail addresses.
Interested candidates should upload their CVs and application letters online.
Important Info on ECOWAS Recruitment Portal
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of Curricula Vitae and interviews and the selected Consultant will be invited for negotiation prior to the conclusion and signing of the Contract Agreement. (Selection method: Individual Consultant)
- Also, the selected Consultant will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French or Portuguese.
- Interested consulting firms can obtain further information at the address above during working days (Monday to Friday) and hours of the ECOWAS Commission from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1 or by e-mail to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The attention of interested Consultants is particularly drawn to Article 117 of the ECOWAS Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract.
- In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 118 of the ECOWAS Procurement Code.
- Please note that the ECOWAS Tender Box is located at the address above
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
Application Instruction on ECOWAS Recruitment 2021
- The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (individuals) to indicate their interests in providing these services.
- The interested Consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following: Curriculum and Certificates; Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; Computer knowledge; knowledge of the subject matter; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this assignment).
- Please note that if individual Consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individual.