Use the Search Button below for more details.
The Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) are inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for full-time appointments to fill existing job vacancies in the following positions in the Nigeria Prisons Service 2021.
- How to Print Your NPF Recruitment CBT Exam Slip
- Apply For Federal Government Business Grants in Nigeria 2021
- CBN COVID-19 Loan for Household/SMEs (CBN Loan Application portal 2021)
- How to Apply for Vice President N5,000 RRR Cash Transfer 2021 (Only for Nigerians)
- FMARD AFJP Farmers Grant 2021 – How to Receive Payment
The Nigerian Prisons Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02. Applicants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02. Applicants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09. Applicants must possess Bachelors of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09. Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08. Applicants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre:
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08. Applicants must be holders of HND in the following areas: Estate Management, Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06. Applicants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06. Applicants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre:
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05: Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04: Applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO, or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03: Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
Statutory Requirements for the Recruitment
Possession of B.Sc, HND, NCE, OND concerning the applied position from a recognized institution.
• Any added certificate either postgraduate or professional certification will be of advantage.
• NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
• West African School Certificate (WAEC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects.
• Candidates must have National Examination Council (NECO) with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including the English Language.)
• National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
• National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution.
• All candidates must have a valid means of identification such as a valid driver license, National Identification Card, International passport, Voters card etc.
• Ability to work with basic computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
• Geographical mobility within and outside Nigeria.
Method of Application
- Firstly, the applications must be Online.
- Candidates are expected to log into the website www.prisons.gov.ng. Fill and submit the application form online at http://recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit.
- All candidates are advised to print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening.
- Candidates should NOTE that multiple applications will automatically be disqualified.
Applications should be submitted online within Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THIS NIGERIAN PRISON RECRUITMENT APPLICATION IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!
Ag. Secretary to the Board.
Mistake to Avoid While Applying
A lot of people fail in many applications not because they are not qualified, but because of numerous mistakes. So take note of the following:
• Apply on time. Do not wait until the deadline.
• You can only apply once.
• So before submitting your application, make sure you are what you said you are.
• You will be disqualified if you submit false documents.
• Take time to crosscheck your details before submitting.
• Do not pay anyone who claims he will help you get this job
• The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment application form is free
• There will be screening and examination for all shortlisted candidates
NPS Recruitment Shortlisted Applicant Update
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, when shortlisted:
• Endeavour to get information about the company.
• Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit.
• Also, go through your application.
• Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
• The practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
• It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application.
• You start planning the celebration but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
• Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything.
• Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend, etc.
• Send a thank-you letter to the employer, once you accept the offer.
• Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.