Use the Search Button below for more details.
Germany Work Permit visa is a great way to gain access to the workforce or labour market of Germany. This Visa gives you the right to work and live in Germany for free and without penalty.
- Canada Government Massive Jobs Opportunities For Immigrants – Work in Canada 2022
- Chinese Government Scholarship 2022/2023 Bilateral Program is Now Open for Application
- USAID US Embassy Jobs Abuja | Apply Here
- Recruitment at SPIE Oil & Gas Services | Apply Here
- Alberta Award for Study of Canadian Human Rights and Multiculturalism
In this guide, I will take you through a process of how to apply for Germany Work Permit Visa 2021, please, it is important you don’t skip a line, this is so you get all the right information you need to process your visa fast.
All the information regarding Germany work permit visa 2021 has been scrutinized and proven correct, you can make your own verification for validation purposes. Without wasting so much of our time in writing, let dive into it.
More interesting contents
- Canada Jobs in Canada 2021 – Massive Recruitment inKenya (Apply Here)
- Canada Scholarship 2021 for Students From Around the World
- University of Toronto International Admission Scholarships 2021/2022, Canada
- Canada 2020 – International Entrance Scholarship At University of Calgary
- United States: Apply for a small business grant of up to $25,000 before Dec. 15
- United States: How to Apply for a Direct PLUS Loan for Parents 2021
- United States: Best Private Student Loans Of August 2021
- United States Farm Storage Facility Loans Application 2021
The German labour market is particularly attractive and advantageous for young talented individuals in search of greener pastures, according to statistics, Germany has the lowest youth unemployment rate of about 6% among all 27 European Union member states.
Germany as a country stands to be one of the best places to work as it carries almost the best working conditions with vast career opportunities and more things to explore.
Germany Work Permit Visa is quite different from Germany Job Seeker Visa, the major difference is that the Germany Job Seeker visa does not allow one to find a job immediately rather it gives you the ample opportunity to live in Germany and look for a job later during your stay in the country.
Germany work permit visa Requirements 2021
To obtain a Germany Work Permit Visa, the following requirements apply:
- Abachelor or master’s degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the related field of study
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Germany
- Travel or medical insurance for the entire stay in Germany or until a work permit is obtained
Other Requirement to apply for the Germany Work Permit Visa Application
There are other requirements you must fulfill in other to gain access to the Germany Work Permit Visa 2021 and these are listed below:
- Proof of Germany Language Skills (Distinction) Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Health Insurance Certificate
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Academic Transcript/Certificates
- A Copy of the Cover letter telling how you plan to find a job in Germany
- Passport Photograph
- Proof of Accommodation in Germany
- Bank Statement of Account
- Biometric Picture
- Germany Residence Permit
- Marriage Certificate (If you are married)
Applying for a Visa at the German Embassy
You can apply for either an Employment Visa or a Job-Seeker Visa for Germany. The type of visa you apply for depends on whether you have a job offer or not:
- You apply for an Employment Visa if you already have a job offer from a company in Germany and you want to enter the country to get a work and residence permit.
- You apply for a Job-Seeker Visa if you want to go to Germany and find a job. It is valid for six months, during which time you have to look for and find work. Once you have found a job, you can then submit your application for the work and residence permit.
The Employment and Job-Seeker Visas are known as long-term visas. You need one so you can enter Germany legally, notifying the authorities that you are traveling for the purpose of setting down and working in Germany. Before the visa expires, you have to submit the application for a residence permit.
Nearly everyone has to apply for a visa for employment/job-seeking at the German Embassy or Consulate in their home country.
You are only exempt from applying for a visa if you are a citizen of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, or South Korea. In this case, you can simply enter Germany, find a job, and submit your application for a work permit – no entry visa required.
NOTE: You cannot enter Germany through a tourist visa and submit a work permit application!
2. Registering your living address in Germany
Once you find accommodation in Germany and move in, you must go to the local Resident’s Registration Office (Bürgeramt) and register your address. The process is as follows:
- Contact the local Bürgeramt and make an appointment. If you are not sure where that is or how to get in touch, simply look up “Bürgeramt + the name of your city” online.
- Complete the registration form. You can get the form in a physical copy at the Bürgeramt or download it.
- Collect these documents:
- Rental agreement
- Confirmation from your landlord that you have moved in at your address.
- Your passport.
- Submit the documents at the Bürgeramt on the date of your appointment.
- Get your Residence Registration Document (Meldebescheinigung). You need this document when you apply for a work and residence permit at the Ausländerbehörde. You will usually receive it within the same day you apply.
3. Getting health insurance
Once you get a residence permit for work, you can enroll with German statutory health insurance. However, you still need some form of insurance when you submit the application. Because public health insurers will likely not accept to cover you if you don’t have a proper residence permit yet, your best option at this time is to get an insurance plan from a private company.
Once your application is finalized, you will be eligible for the statutory health insurance scheme.
4. Making an appointment at the Ausländerbehörde
Once you have registered your address and gotten health insurance, you should make an appointment at the German Immigration Authorities (Ausländerbehörde). There are different Ausländerbehörde offices based on the region, so just find the website of the office you must go to, and follow the instructions for booking an appointment.
For example, if you are settled in Berlin, you can book an Ausländerbehörde appointment here.
After you book an appointment, you will usually get a confirmation email that includes the date and hour of the appointment, the address, as well as an appointment number.
Sometimes, you may be able to go to the office directly (without an appointment), get a number, and wait in line, but most German immigration offices have abolished this option after the coronavirus outbreak. You will most likely need to make an online appointment.
How to Apply for a Germany Work Visa 2021?
The step-by-step application process for a Germany Work visa goes as follows:
- Get a job offer in Germany.
- Find out where you need to submit your visa application.
- Collect all of the required documents according to the instructions.
- Make an appointment for a visa interview.
- Pay the German Employment Work visa fee.
- Attend the interview.
- Wait for a response on your visa application.
Once your application is approved, you are just on your way to Germany. Because right away you are now a rightful owner of Germany Work Permit Visa.