Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
- First Bank Recruitment 2021 April Form Portal – How to Apply
- Open Heaven 1st April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Meal That Reminds!)
- Navy Shortlisted Names 2021 Check NAF Shortlisted Names PDF List Here
- How to Apply for Bartender at Marriott International
- Apply for CMR and Logistics Officer at the British Council
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Business Development, MEA – Digital Partnerships
Job ID: R-121886
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Digital Partnerships Team
- The Digital Partnerships team is responsible for managing relationships with Digital Partners across Middle East and Africa with a focus on Telco’s , Digital Merchants , Large Digital Giants, Key Digital Activity Players and Digital Activity Banks.
- The key areas of responsibilities for the team are to own and drive the Strategic Imperatives and Business Development initiatives for the Digital Partners across the industry verticals including building/ deepening relationships with the partners.
- The team will focus on deploying initiatives identified as being high priority in delivering MEA and MasterCard (MC) goals, including:
- Positioning MC as strategic technology partner, critical to profitability/ business growth
- Deepening relationships with key Digital Partners, ensuring holistic engagement(s) at all levels and driving flawless execution with robust governance processes
- Building and executing commercial partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Developing scalable value propositions and ecosystems across the different verticals that drive partners and Mastercard key KPIs (revenue, new consumers, transactions etc.)
- Providing Thought Leadership internally and externally
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of this role is to manage the relationship with key strategic digital partnership accounts across West Africa in particular Nigeria in collaboration with Mastercard Cross Functional Partners and the local Mastercard Country teams.
- This role will be based in Nigeria and covers multiple markets in Africa /MEA depending on the location of the Digital Partners.
- The role is responsible for driving account management and business development for key digital partners, as well as driving MasterCard’s engagement with industry organizations – and as a result driving growth in MasterCard revenue with Digital Partnership Accounts particularly telcos in Nigeria and Africa
- The role is responsible for signing new deals and executing existing signed partnership/commercial deals with Mastercard Digital Partners across multiple markets. Including developing and executing new and innovative digital payment business models and ecosystems.
- The incumbent will be responsible for cross matrix collaboration and exercising leadership in driving core revenue and product cross sales across Mastercard including active collaboration and partnership with local account management and/or market development teams to drive execution.
Additionally the role will:
- Contribute to the achievement of the Digital Partner’s sales and net revenue targets including designing strategies, messaging and proposals for customers.
- Assist with analysis of the partner’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis including Budgeting, Strategic Account planning and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team members and country teams to plan, execute and monitor progress against annual business plans.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Execution of Strategic Account Commercial Deals and /or Strategic Partnership agreements.
- Work with Business Owners, Executive Sponsors and Finance to clearly define strategic initiatives and priorities, set objectives, financial goals, funding requirements, and key performance indicators to measure success. (split into near term and long term priorities)
- Lead multiple customer projects across West Africa in collaboration with regional teams and cross-functional teams, quickly grasp new ideas and simplify strategy into specific actions with clear accountability and roadmap
- Exercise strong judgment and organization skills to prioritize and replan activities so that critical path tasks and deliverables are not delayed
- Own the partner’s P & L including Budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting (multiple markets)
- Responsible for reviews of the overall performance of the assigned Digital Partnership accounts, and also for managing the relationships and profitability as per the commercial deals.
- Responsible for all administrative and operational issues for the assigned partners.
- Develop & sell new opportunities with the Strategic Partners with the view to accelerate business growth – to increase MasterCard share and volume and identifying new revenue streams
- Own the co-creation and development of new business models, value propositions and /or innovative ecosystems in collaboration with the customer, internal stakeholders and /or external third party providers as required.
- Ownership of developing account plans, GTM deliverables for assigned Digital Partners, in collaboration with the regional teams
- Develop new business opportunities/ sales pipeline leveraging full suite of MasterCard products and solutions, including co-brands, prepaid and commercial products, Mastercard QR, Advisory services and other MasterCard products including services, innovations or product enhancements.
- Develop financial modelling and business cases for identified opportunities
- Develop strong working relationships with key influencers at Digital Partners and with MasterCard support teams (e.g., IMK regional teams, product dev. teams, market dev. teams, etc.)
- Work with MasterCard cross functional teams to identify new segment and product opportunities and develop/ execute bespoke propositions to maximize penetration with assigned Digital Partners.
- Strive for broadening a strategic partnership across multiple verticals with the Digital Partners
- Execute flawlessly through collaboration with key constituents both internally (market development, global products & solutions, legal, franchise, customer delivery and finance teams), as well as external resources (digital partners, customers and merchants, regulators and third party service providers) to ensure seamless execution of the Digital Partnerships strategy
- Develop views on competition positioning in the partners industry vertical for MasterCard. Accountable for MasterCard positioning with the industry eco system
- Build networks with MasterCard regions worldwide to handle partner’s needs
- Perform market research and opportunity assessments on new concepts and ideas. Assess the viability of new products in support of market strategy
- Create a Centre of Excellence for the Digital Partnerships Vertical in your applicable customer segments and geographies.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact: email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.