The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Nursing Officer at JOJE Hospital – How to Apply
- Project Accountant at Green Hills Agric Products Limited – Apply Now
- MTN Recruitment 2021 April Job Vacancies In Nigeria – How to Apply
- Nigerian Air Force Nationwide Airmen / Airwomen April Recruitment Exercise BMTC 2021 – See Full Details!
- Manager, Customer Risk Management at MasterCard Nigeria – How To Apply
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: NCA Office Manager – B3
Ref Code: 05 / 21 ABJ
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working Hours Per Week: 37
Type of Post: British High Commission
Start Date: 19 April 2021
End Date: 18 April 2022
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: CSSF (Conflict Stability and Security Fund)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main Purpose of Job:
- The role will include managing all administrative elements of a busy NCA Office and providing support to the NCA Regional Manager and Country Liaison Officers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage, administer and assist in reconciling and balancing the pot and budgets
- Engage with FCDO procurement and other FCDO administrative partners
- Liaise with NCA Finance(UK)
- Seek VFM for the post, by engaging with external suppliers
- Plan and book travel arrangements for NCA, and external partners
- Assist other NCA projects in times of absence
- Collate, analyse and record budget spend and forecasts for post and projects
- Collate and file all request from Nigerian Law Enforcement partners and manage these with the NCA Liaison Officer.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Staff responsibilities – to cover NCA driver management overtime, working patterns and absences.
- Financial management as per ‘Duties and Responsibilities’.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Familiar and competent with the use of all aspects of Microsoft Office in particular Word and Excel
- Experience working in an office environment, with some experience of office management.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of financial and budget management
- Office manager experience.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at pace.
Starting Monthly Salary
Other Benefits & Conditions Of Employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- The project will provide training based on the experience of the successful applicant.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.