The Lagos State government Launches $20M “Lagos Cares” Programme for Youths, Women as a stimulus package to contain the effect of the covid-19 pandemic on MSMEs.
Interested applicant should click here to Apply
According to the governor,
- The project would address loss of jobs and threat to food supply chain occasioned by the spread of the pandemic. He said the
- The programme would leverage existing World Bank’s operations anchored on community-based approach and multi-sector interventions.
- Lagos State would be implementing 10 Disbursement-Linked Indicators (DLIs) out of 11 across three results areas for impact.
- The programme will benefit 4,652 farmers towards driving up agricultural inputs and services
- 5,460 farmers would be engaged in agricultural assets for production and mitigation of food loss and waste.
- There would be provision of well-targeted conditional grants to co-finance loans for eligible 1,132 MSMEs.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- Federal Ministry of Youths and Sports Development (FMYSD) Digital Youth Nigeria – How to Apply for this Programme
- Apply for Green Stimulus Programme 2021
- 2021 Npower Batch C Applicants That May Not Be Shortlisted
- Apply for Human Capacity Training and Empowerment for Nigerian Youth 2021.
- Open Heaven 22nd April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Peculiar Generation)
The programme encompasses three key result areas including:
- Increasing cash transfers and livelihood support to poor and vulnerable households;
- Increasing food security and safe functioning of food supply chains for poor households, and
- Facilitating the recovery of Micro and Small Enterprises (MSMEs), while strengthening institutional support for coordination and delivery.
The program was designed to be inclusive and packaged to specifically impact women and the youth. Its implementation, the Governor said, cuts across relevant ministries, including Sustainable Development Goals and Investment (SDG&I), Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (WAPA), Finance, Wealth Creation, and Agriculture” Sanwo-Olu, Lagos State Governor.
Today marks another milestone in our effort to combat the negative impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on our households, livelihood, food security, and businesses. The CARES project is an integral part of the national approach, adopted to alleviate the burden of the COVID-19 pandemic and enhance the wellbeing of our people.
“The Lagos CARES Programme will be implemented between 2021 and 2023, and will provide economic relief and recovery support to identified vulnerable persons. During the 24 months, the programme will directly support vulnerable households and indirectly support 125,058 individuals. There will also be interventions in 69 markets, while a minimum of 2,512 MSMEs will be supported.”
“I would like to remind the committee members not to lose sight of the T.H.E.M.E.S Agenda of the State Government as they work on the three result areas. This administration will continue to collaborate with people of goodwill in the public and private sectors, multilateral and donor partners as we deliver good governance to our people.”
- Open Heaven 4th August 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Arise And Shine)
- University of Helsinki International Scholarship (Finland) 2021-2022
- Open Heaven 3rd August 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Perfect Obedience)
- Polaris Bank Recruitment 2021, Careers & Job Vacancies (Entry-level)
- Npower News: August and Npower Nexit package
Opportunities4 days ago
US Diversity Visa Lottery 2021 Application – How to Register
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 31st July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (What Are Your Priorities)
Nigeria News4 days ago
Submission Of Unbanked Of AFJP Farmers Account Number Still Ongoing
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 30th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Marks Of The Lord Jesus)
Scholarship4 days ago
Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians 2021
Nigeria News5 days ago
Apply for Fan Milk Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 29th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The Need For Bodily Exercise)
Education4 days ago
King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session