Use the Search Button below for more details.
If you’ve been unable to recharge your MTN line of data using your bank’s USSD or app, I’ve got information about what’s going on.
MTN is currently embroiled in a tug of war with Nigerian banks regarding how much percentage banks should earn from every recharge.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- NYIF launches New E-training Platform for Shortlisted Candidates
- NMFB Opens New Application Portal For Its AGSMEIS Loan | agsmeisapp.nmfb.com.ng
- Open Heaven 3rd April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The One And Only Saviour)
- Apply for Digital Designer at Paga Nigeria
- Senior Laravel Developer at TechAdvance Limited- How to Apply
Prior to now, banks and aggregators share 4% of every successful recharge, while MTN keeps 96%. So say you recharge N1,000 MTN, the banks & aggregators share N40 while MTN keeps N960.
The problem now is, MTN wants to reduce that 4% that goes to banks and aggregators to 2.5%.
The banks are fighting against this reduction because according to them, they maintain the infrastructure (i.e the USSD channel & app) through which these recharges are carried out. So, they need the money and they can’t beat the cost of maintaining an infrastructure of MTN’s benefit.
Moreover, they already share the meagre 4% on each transaction with aggregators. So, if MTN (who keeps 96% of the transaction) reduced from 4% to 2.5%, the banks/aggregators’ operations would be hurt. They could be maintaining the recharge service for MTN at a loss.
Despite the banks’ plea that MTN shouldn’t reduce their %, MTN was/is still adamant they’ll go ahead with the reduction.
Banks’ CEOs met & decided to (temporarily) remove MTN services from their USSD & apps. As an MTN user, you can’t recharge your line using bank USSD or app.
The banks are hoping that if they frustrate MTN customers, MTN would budge, or run the risk of losing customers (because “nobody” buys recharge cards anymore).
In response, MTN introduced “ZIGI”, ZIGI is MTN’s online platform for its customers to recharge their lines.
- National Steering Committee Adopts Work Plan on Alternate School Programme
- eNaira App Download for Android – How to Register Account on eNaira Wallet
- Open Heaven 27th October 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Ungodly Sorrow Leads To Damnation)
- Apply for National Housing Fund Scheme 2021 – Own a House at your desired location
- How to Send/Transfer Money Abroad with eNaira Mobile App
Business4 days ago
eNaira Merchant in Nigeria – Steps to Apply and Start making money
Jobs2 days ago
Apply for Loan Officer at Baobab Microfinance Bank
Review3 days ago
eNaira Wallet App Download (APK and iOS Version)
Grants6 days ago
Oyo releases take-off grant for LAUTECH college of agriculture
Grants6 days ago
CBN Introduces ₦500 Million Grant For Graduates, Undergraduates – Apply
Sport7 days ago
What is SPBO Livescore? All you need to know in 2021
Education7 days ago
Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Portal 2021 www.prisons.gov.ng Latest Update
Cryptocurrency2 days ago
eNaira 2021 Guidelines – How to Mint and Become a Holder today