If you’ve been unable to recharge your MTN line of data using your bank’s USSD or app, I’ve got information about what’s going on.
MTN is currently embroiled in a tug of war with Nigerian banks regarding how much percentage banks should earn from every recharge.
TRENDING NOW on searchngr.com
- NYIF launches New E-training Platform for Shortlisted Candidates
- NMFB Opens New Application Portal For Its AGSMEIS Loan | agsmeisapp.nmfb.com.ng
- Open Heaven 3rd April 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (The One And Only Saviour)
- Apply for Digital Designer at Paga Nigeria
- Senior Laravel Developer at TechAdvance Limited- How to Apply
Prior to now, banks and aggregators share 4% of every successful recharge, while MTN keeps 96%. So say you recharge N1,000 MTN, the banks & aggregators share N40 while MTN keeps N960.
The problem now is, MTN wants to reduce that 4% that goes to banks and aggregators to 2.5%.
The banks are fighting against this reduction because according to them, they maintain the infrastructure (i.e the USSD channel & app) through which these recharges are carried out. So, they need the money and they can’t beat the cost of maintaining an infrastructure of MTN’s benefit.
Moreover, they already share the meagre 4% on each transaction with aggregators. So, if MTN (who keeps 96% of the transaction) reduced from 4% to 2.5%, the banks/aggregators’ operations would be hurt. They could be maintaining the recharge service for MTN at a loss.
Despite the banks’ plea that MTN shouldn’t reduce their %, MTN was/is still adamant they’ll go ahead with the reduction.
Banks’ CEOs met & decided to (temporarily) remove MTN services from their USSD & apps. As an MTN user, you can’t recharge your line using bank USSD or app.
The banks are hoping that if they frustrate MTN customers, MTN would budge, or run the risk of losing customers (because “nobody” buys recharge cards anymore).
In response, MTN introduced “ZIGI”, ZIGI is MTN’s online platform for its customers to recharge their lines.
- Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship for Nigerians 2021
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Pre-Degree Admission Form for 2021/2022 Academic Session
- King David University of Medical Sciences (KDUMS) Post UTME Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session
- Scholarships in Venice, Italy 2021-2022 – Apply Now
- Apply for Fan Milk Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
Recruitment4 days ago
Nigerian Air Force, NAF DSSC Recruitment 2021 Begins for (How to apply)
business7 days ago
Fmardspace Fertilizer Subsidy Grant 2021: Payment to begin for AFJP Farmers
Nigeria News4 days ago
EFCC Recruitment 2021 Application (How to Apply)
Religion7 days ago
Open Heaven 24th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (When Revival Comes 11)
Religion5 days ago
Open Heaven 26th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Prayer, Praise And Worship)
Religion6 days ago
Open Heaven 25th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Let Your Light So Shine)
Religion4 days ago
Open Heaven 27th July 2021 RCCG Daily Devotional (Renewing The Mind)
Education6 days ago
Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) Software Development Competition 2021